To meet its needs for the 2020-2021 artistic period, the Greek National Opera hereby announces an audition to hire eight (8) male or female ballet dancers (principals, soloists and corps de ballet dancers). The audition will take place on Sunday 29 March and Monday 30 March 2020, at the Greek National Opera’s ballet studios at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (364 Syngrou Ave., GR-17674).
• Interested parties who wish to apply must send the following supporting documents by 12:00 hours Greek time on Tuesday, 25 February 2020
: a) this
the application form, b) their CV, c) a photograph, d) a video with a classical or neoclassical variation and e) this
the consent form duly filled out and signed.
Interested parties can obtain the application form and consent form from the G.N.O’s official website www.nationalopera.gr.
Application forms not accompanied by the said information will not be accepted.
The consent form must be filled out by interested parties after they have read the GNO’s CV Policy.
• Applications from dancers born between 1.1.1988
will be accepted.
• Invitations to take part in the audition will be sent to dancers after their CVs and the video they sent are assessed by the Ballet Director and the Director of the GNO Dance School. Dancers selected through this process will be sent an invitation and the audition schedule by email no later than Tuesday, 3 March 2020
• By mutual agreement with the applicants the GNO may hire them at a grade different from the one they applied for. Contracts with the dancers engaged will be fixed-term (1-year) employment contracts. To be recruited by GNO successful applicants must provide all the relevant documentation (Tax Reg. No., National Ins. No., work permit if they are foreigners, etc.) and be tax registered in Greece.
• The auditions may be recorded to video for archival purposes.
Decisions about hiring dancers will be announced on Friday, 3 April 2020 on the G.N.O’s official website.
Information: Mrs. Vicky Bourcha, tel. +30 213 0885781, Mrs. Ivana Katsoula, tel. +30 213 0885782