The Greek National Opera announces Call for Expression of Interest for the position of Ballet Director. GNO is looking for a leading name from the field of ballet with a noteworthy artistic career and proven administrative experience in opera companies and/or dance groups, with a classical focus.
- Planning, budget coordination and realization of the Ballet’s artistic program, as outlined by the GNO Artistic Director.
- Contributing to the artistic program’s content, including the consistent development of the Ballet’s profile.
- Providing outstanding teaching and coaching of the dancers to ensure their ongoing technical and artistic development and to contribute to the high standard of programming and repertoire established by the Company.
- The ideal applicant will have an estimable background as an active dancer and extensive professional experience as a choreographer.
- Excellent communication skills - a team player and an inspirational company leader with a well-rounded knowledge of the repertoire and base in classical ballet.
- Foreign applicants must demonstrate sufficient competence with spoken English.
- Αccredited qualifications in relevant fields.
Salary – Period of contract:
- The Ballet Director’s monthly salary will be set based on the provisions of Law. In addition, there may be scope for the Director to develop artistic collaborations and present choreographies, where agreement on that matter has first been made with the GNO's Artistic Director.
The contract will be of up to 2-years’ duration, commencing on 01/09/2015, with the possibility of further renewal
In addition to their application form, which can be obtained from the GNO’s Protocol Office or online from the website www.nationalopera.gr, interested parties should also the following:
- A detailed CV with photograph.
- Qualifications (original documents or copies attested by the competent authority).
- Proof of previous employment with operas, dance groups, etc.
- Proof of artistic activities, including programs from performances, sound and image documentation, reviews, etc.
- Proof of administrative experience (certificates of employment with operas, dance groups, etc.).
To view the full text of the call for expression of interest in PDF format click here.
to download the application form click here.