Update from the Greek National Opera
In line with the precautionary measures announced by the Greek State for the protection of public health, the Greek National Opera announces that:
STAVROS NIARCHOS HALL
- The production Inland will be moved to the near future or to the next season, since the majority of performers in this particular production are aged over 65, belonging to high-risk groups, and are therefore not allowed to participate in the rehearsals.
- The performances of the GNO Ballet production Don Quixote scheduled for March will be suspended. At the end of the month there will be an update about the performances of April and May.
- The third performance of The Papess Joanne scheduled on 22 March will also be suspended.
- In line with the new precautionary measures announced by the Ministry of Health which include -among others- the suspension of all cultural activities in theatres for 15 days, the Greek National Opera Alternative Stage suspends its performances until March 27th 2020.
- The performances of the production A cloud in love scheduled for March and April will be suspended, since the production features a children’s choir, that is not allowed to take part in rehearsals, due to the measures imposing the suspension of all educational activities. At the end of April there will be an update about the performances of May.
All ticket holders of suspended or rescheduled performances/productions will be contacted by the Greek National Opera’s box office to be offered a refund or the possibility to exchange their tickets for another performance date, or for another production.
The GNO box office call centre is: 2130885700 (daily at 09.00-21.00).